Monday 31 July 2017

Wonder


Image result for August Pullman

From Term 1 until the end of Term 2, we as a Grade have been reading the book, Wonder in our English reading lessons.


The story line is about a boy named August. Also known as Auggie. He has a facial deformity which I feel makes him quite insecure. He's been home schooled all his life and for the first time, he went to an actual school in Grade 5.


A few kids such as one in specific, Julian, bully/tease August and play the 'cheese touch'. One day a girl, Summer, who I relate to the most, walks up to Auggie and starts to have a conversation and starts to get to know him and is really fond of him.

This story has a line which really stuck with me because its very short and to the point. Let's also not forget inspiring. "Choose Kind". its such a simple thing to do and remember which I feel most people forget.


A movie about this book has been filmed and is coming out later this year. I'll attach the link for you to watch the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngiK1gQKgK8


I highly recommend this book personally and it just teaches you that the small things you do, can make a huge impact on someones life. Whether it be positives or negative. Choose Kind.


6 comments:

  1. That was a really great post I love all the information. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always writing such great comments on my blog posts!

      Delete
  2. A well-written and thoughtful blog post! Thank you, Danielle! Wonder truly is a wonder(ful) and inspiring story! I am sure that people will want to read it after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog post is really good Danielle. Your such a god writer!

    ReplyDelete

Finished senior primary

Finished Senior Primary.. off to High School Hello. This is the last time I'll be blogging as a Senior Primary child at Elkanah House...