Monday 6 March 2017

Poetry ILT



Last week Wednesday, we started off with our first  ILT (Integrated Learning Task)  for Grade 6. An ILT is 3 days of group work. We have a topic for each ILT we do. The teachers  explain the work that relates to the topic and we follow it whichever order we like, as long as everything is done in 3 days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).

Our topic this term was poetry, we had to write many poems and do some research on certain terminology words. One of the poems I did was about the masks that we were as people, we all pretend to be something we aren't just to fit in. The specific type of  poem that I did is called a Blackout Poem, which you basically take a page from a book, magazine etc. and you take certain words from that page and form your own poem from the words on that page of writing.

My poem went like this:
masks I use to wear,
 to the playground, to the supermarket
I think I wore it for a couple of years
but I had gotten use to wearing it.

I personally loved this activity because although we were restricted to only the words used on that page, we were able to write about anything we like and add decoration to the page.
Image result for masks that we wear to fit inImage result for blackout poems


I'm super tired from this ILT and I just cant wait to get all of the stress from ILT off at camp! I am going on my last camp at the senior primary on Wednesday until Friday and I am very excited because I've figured out who my true friends are, not the fake ones, and I am going to have a blast with the people who I enjoy spending time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished senior primary

Finished Senior Primary.. off to High School Hello. This is the last time I'll be blogging as a Senior Primary child at Elkanah House...